Need help identifying a component on the Logic Board.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing the speakers in my iMac C2D (late 2006) and I'm a bit stuck on something. In the pull-apart guides I have, not one of them mentioned that the speaker wire from the left hand side speaker runs underneath a wire connected to an unknown component sitting on a raised up section of board, just to the left of where the speakers connection on the logic board is.

I had to remove the wire in order to be able to remove both speakers once I had disconnected them from the board. As I didn't have any guide on how to disconnect this wire I pulled the wire out of the end of the connector by accident.

Sorry for not knowing the proper lingo but I just want to know what this rectangular component is?

And most importantly, any advice on fitting the tip of the wire back into the little brass connection piece, and it is microscopic!!!

I've attached a pic showing the component sitting just above the text.

Thanks,

SD

Attachments

• IMAG009.jpg
    IMAG009.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 339
Reaction score
Its the Bluetooth Card. The cable maybe the arial, or power supply, not sure. Its a non-replaceable part.

Damaging anything that plugs into the logicboard is a "very bad thing™"

Ask a Question