My system reformatted itself?

Reaction score
Hello everyone :) I think my system may have reformatted itself, or something to that extent. I was in a rush to get somewhere, and I ignorantly clicked the "off" button on my Mac OSX (v. 10.4.11) laptop with a lot of things opened. When I turned my computer back on, it was like it was restored to its factory settings. All of my applications were still here and intact, but everything was default. I also had no documents at all - they were gone.

I didn't really have any important documents, so I'm not too worried about that. But what I am worried about is that my iTunes library, with over $500 worth of songs, was missing. I was always too lazy to make backups of my music - does this mean I'm pretty much owned? Is there anything I can do to get my songs back?
Thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have a look for your files at:

MacintoshHD ~> Users

When you have a Finder window open, press Command + 3 to bring up Column View. I find it easier to view Folder Path/Contents that way so I thought I'd just toss it in.

Reaction score
Thanks! I found everything. My only question now is how do I get these files back so that they are in their original places?

Edit: NM I got it.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Glad you sorted this out sikk, might be a good time to consider backing up your important files/data.

Ask a Question