my macbook got REALLY slow lately

Reaction score
hi there!

over the last few weeks, my macbook (bought august 2007) got really slow and i can't figure out why. i deleted all my movies and photos... i only use firefox and word most of the time. i have 20 Go available on my hard drive!

in fact, it got really slow soon after i installed snowleopard 10.6.7. i got a new ipod nano which needs itunes 10 to run on the computer and i needed snowleopard to have itunes 10... so i bought snowleopard at the mac store, installed it and now i have to deal with that turning rainbow thingy all the time!

i'm not too good with computers and i was wondering if somebody could give me advices on how to make my computer come back to its "normal" speed. inexpensive advices would be very appreciated, i.e. buying a new computer is not an option at the moment ;)

thanks a lot in advance!

astridos

Reaction score
Hi astridos, I suggest that you download and run the following two FREE applications:
TrashMe - used to delete old applications and orphan files
OnYx - used to delete all kind cashes and log files and more importantly it can automate many things including the fixing of disc permissions.

Hope this helps

Phil W

Reaction score
Don't use Deleting Logs as a means of "Speeding" up your Mac, they are there for a reason!

Check Console and Activity Monitor to see what's slowing down your computer.

Reaction score
Why not check out Mackeeper their site has free scan test and you can see how space is being taken up with junk. It is worth buying as you can always keep your Macbook free of junk.

Ask a Question