My Mac and Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum and new to my Mac, so pls bear with me.

I recently purchased my new MacBook Pro, but as i was prev a PC Man, had Windows 7 installed also using Bootcamp.

My problem is that on starting my MAC automatically loads into windows 7, and I don't want it to, I want the Mac software to kick in

I am aware of pressing the Alt when loading to give me the choice, but even after i have opted for the mac, when I restart next time it auto loads Windows 7.

Is there any way of making the Mac the default please...

Many thanks

Steve

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi shutchinson, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new MBP ;)

I have never used Boot Camp but try this:

Lauch System Prefs and click on Startup Disc.

Make sure that your internal disc is set as the System you want to start up from when you start your computer.

You might need to unlock the padlock if it's locked by inputting the System Administrator name/password.

Once you have selected the internal drive that has Mac OS X on it, try restarting your Mac and test out whether or not the issue has been solved.

Let us know how you get on with it :)

20091219-p2fse6mi6hp3ykxu7cserr23up.jpg

I don't know for certain but I'm hazarding a guess that you would see the windows 7 & Mac OS X partitions in the window ...

Ask a Question