My iMac are noisy

Reaction score
When I started my iMac(2009) today the fan started too,- loud!. Now for 10 minutes? Why and how do I turn it of?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Is there plenty of airflow behind the iMac? There is a little circular airvent below where the power cord goes in, make sure that isn't clogged ..

Reaction score
My limited understanding is that this is a common problem with iMacs. I read up on it before buying mine (no problems here) and lots of people seemed to be wrestling with it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I believe there might be a software tweak solution, at least in some cases. Point being, it''s probably not just your Mac, so a Google search will likely bring up more information.

I had a $2000 iMac about 15 years ago where the graphics card melted on to the logic board after just a few years. My guess is that in the endless quest to make Macs thinner and thinner getting rid of the heat became problematic. This is just a theory.

Reaction score
HI mostly means the thermal paste that goes on the inside of the computer is wearing off and your iMac is getting too hot. And until that is fixed its not safe to use your computer....

And if you know person who knows macs can do it for you; that is the only way the issue will be fixed. Since computers sadly need matinee like cars. SO they continue to work for years and years and far how every long they need them too..

Ask a Question