Mouse disconnecting

Reaction score
This has become a serious irritation. My mouse disconnects way too often, sometimes only seconds after its reconnected. The batteries are at 94% - but the problem won't go away.

Reaction score
This has become a serious irritation. My mouse disconnects way too often, sometimes only seconds after its reconnected. The batteries are at 94% - but the problem won't go away.
Is it an Apple bluetooth mouse? What Mac are you running, and what version of macOS?

If you can borrow another bluetooth mouse, try pairing it with your Mac and see if the same thing happens.

Reaction score
I'm running 10.10.5 - and I don't think it's a bluetooth mouse. (Sorry to be unsure - but I've never got into the whole bluetooth thing - so I assume I'm running something else!) Would a new mouse make a difference? Do they wear out??

Reaction score
I'm running 10.10.5 - and I don't think it's a bluetooth mouse. (Sorry to be unsure - but I've never got into the whole bluetooth thing - so I assume I'm running something else!) Would a new mouse make a difference? Do they wear out??
Okay, you’re running macOS Yosemite. I can’t tell without knowing the model of your Mac if it has Bluetooth, but unless the mouse you have is a third-party device that uses a different interface to wirelessly connect, (it must be wireless—otherwise why have batteries?) it can go either way—hardware or software issues. As I suggested, the quickest way to resolve the issue is by borrowing someone else’s wireless mouse and try it on your system. And, yes, they do wear out. My Magic Mouse has been around for years but that’s only because I hardly touch it (even if it’s connected and usually charged) because I use my trackpad most of the time.

Ask a Question