Mojave

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 13 inch MacBook with Retina and High Sierra.
I have made several attempts to upgrade to Mojave but ,each time it gets to about 12 minutes to go, it says that it can't find the installer.
Can you help (a non-techie) to sort this issue?
Many thanks.
Alasdair.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seen that happen when drive space is low. How much is free on your MacBook?

C

Reaction score
Besides what Cory mentioned, you need to consider the following:

1. Have you been making backups to an external device? That is absolutely critical. If you don't have a backup, you could be asking for trouble when you upgrade.

2. You need to insure that any third party (ie, non-Apple) applications you use are compatible with Mojave. Some of them might require upgrades. This link can help with that:

https://roaringapps.com/apps

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own. One likely place to look is your Downloads folder. Also, when you delete an EMail, it is not permanently removed unless you take an extra step or two. I use Thunderbird as my EMail client, and it is easy to have deleted EMails permanently removed. Also, there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) that help with those disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs tasks.

Ask a Question