MMS function is not available ios 17.4.1

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm in a bit of a pickle here and could sure use your help. I can't seem to send or receive photos anymore, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why. I've already taken a peek at the support site, but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack – not much help there. Do y'all reckon this is some kind of bug, or is there a trick to fixing it? Any advice would be as welcome as a cool breeze on a hot summer day.

Reaction score
Hey @Johnnx1991

That does sound like a pickle! If you're having trouble with MMS not working on your iOS 17.4.1, here are a couple of things you might want to check out:
  1. Check MMS Settings: First things first, make sure MMS Messaging is turned on. Go to Settings > Messages and ensure that MMS Messaging is toggled on.
  2. Check Network Connection: MMS requires a cellular data connection, so make sure that your cellular data is on. Also, check if you have good network coverage. Sometimes, poor signal can affect MMS services.
  3. Carrier Settings Update: Sometimes updating your carrier settings can resolve issues related to network services like MMS. Go to Settings > General > About. If there's an update available, you'll get a prompt to update your carrier settings.
  4. Restart Your iPhone: If it’s just a minor glitch, sometimes restarting your iPhone can help clear it up. Turn it off, wait for a few minutes, and then turn it back on.
  5. Check for iOS Updates: Although you're on iOS 17.4.1, it's good to check if there's a newer update available that might fix this issue. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and see if you can update your iOS.
If none of these steps work, it might be a good idea to contact your carrier to ensure there aren't any issues on their end or specific settings or restrictions for your account that might be affecting MMS.

Hope one of these tips does the trick and you get back to sending and receiving photos soon!

Ask a Question