Bluetooth Functionality in Monterey

Reaction score
2019 Powerbook user on Montery (12.0.1) Click on Blutooth icon in the Menu Bar, see available bluetooth devices, I want to send a pic to my (Android) phone. Believing that clicking on the device will show me SEND/share options, I do so. All that happens is the device diconnects: clicking on it only connects or disconnects/ No send options to be found! What am I missing?

Reaction score
2019 Powerbook user on Montery (12.0.1) Click on Blutooth icon in the Menu Bar, see available bluetooth devices, I want to send a pic to my (Android) phone. Believing that clicking on the device will show me SEND/share options, I do so. All that happens is the device diconnects: clicking on it only connects or disconnects/ No send options to be found! What am I missing?

Reaction score
Seeing the above remarks about BlueTooth & Monterey I am beginning to wonder about BlueTooth & Big Sur (on my 2021 MBPro M1). The laptop fails to recognise my i-phone XR and my i-Pad mini 4 most of the time. Curiously it always accepts my rather elderly Mac Mouse and, usually my 2011 iMac.

Have there been updates to Bluetooth recently?

Ask a Question