missing hard drive space part 2

Reaction score
hi all,

i have posted something here before regarding missing hard drive space. i am missing about 40gig from an 80 gig hard drive, and i can't find where it has gone.

let me show you what my apps and stuff are taking up, when i doudble click on the hard drve on the desktop, i get a list of 5 folders, users, library, apps system and one shortcut folder which has nothing in it.

the total of these folders is

apps - 6.45 gig
users - 16 gig
library - 10.13 gig
system - 1.87 gig

then i go to another section and look at stuff, here are teh following figures,

music -8 gig
desktop - 800meg
docs - 3.2 gig
lib - 300 meg
pics - 4 gig
zip - 598 meg
apps - 6 gig
and even if i put 10 gig for system, those figures both only add up to around 35odd gig

now i am missing another 40 gig somewhere, but for the life of my i don't know where or how to find it.

can someone who has a good knowledge of mac system pls pm me or maybe just repost to this and let me know where i would find the missing space? ps: i used azeurus to download torrents, and i feel that there is something there that i am missing, as it was with that i found that i was missing space.

any help would be great
cheers

bret

Ask a Question