Missing files saved from Chrome

Reaction score
I saved some .pdf files from chrome and didn't notice they were going into a strange numbered folder (20130108-130906). Now I cannot find the original files or folder they were saved in anywhere on my computer. When I search spotlight nothing comes up. Where else can I look?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hi,

Double check your downloads folder, also try opening finder then from the right menu bar select all my files,

To add because I have never used Chrome does it not have a individual downloads area that you can access from within its preferences?.

Reaction score
I checked my downloads folder, checked under 'all my files', and my chrome preferences should be defaulting to my downloads folder. It's very strange... The file exists somewhere but I just cannot access it. Could it be hidden or temporary?

Reaction score
Who knows with Chrome it known to do strange stuff, download them again with Apples Safari and they will be in your Downloads folder.

Reaction score
Yeah... unfortunately it was online homework and will take me awhile to regenerate the files. Ugggggghhhh. Should have been more careful.

Reaction score
unfortunately it was online homework and will take me awhile to regenerate the files
I don't know what you mean, they weren't downloaded files?

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean, they weren't downloaded files?

They are files that you create using an online program and then save to your personal computer. When I go back to the program and try to save other stuff, it defaults to this weird numbered file. I know it's actually saving stuff there because it prompts me when I try to save something of the same name as the original files. But all of this stuff is totally irretrievable now.

I tried a search by date...nuttin'.

Ask a Question