SOLVED Misbehaving iPad touch screen

Reaction score
I have a 5th generation iPad on os 13.2.3.
I can’t insert a cursor into a pair of words accidentally typed with no space, nor to correct a single mistyped letter in a word. And, if I’m reading news bits sent to my email address and touch the screen I wind up out of my active email screen staring at my “favorites” screen.

what gives with this behavior?
see? No cap on What above and no way to change it except insert at end of the word, erase it and retype it.
johnd

Reaction score
I have a 5th generation iPad on os 13.2.3.
I can’t insert a cursor into a pair of words accidentally typed with no space, nor to correct a single mistyped letter in a word. And, if I’m reading news bits sent to my email address and touch the screen I wind up out of my active email screen staring at my “favorites” screen.

what gives with this behavior?
see? No cap on What above and no way to change it except insert at end of the word, erase it and retype it.
johnd

You now have to use an external keyboard directional keys to get your cursor between letters.... Apple is going backwards. The good ole days are over.

If you press and hold the space-bar you can now try to use that 'cursor'.... try it. Just another step/hurdle to overcome just to insert a character somewhere. Dumb.

Last edited:

Ask a Question