mighty mouse

Reaction score
hi guys, got a mac mini G4 1.42 with a mighty mouse and the scroll ball on the top won't register now when scrolling down, is it bust/dirty? if dirty, what is the best way to clean the mouse?
Cheers,
Phil

Reaction score
Hi Fev79 :)

This is a common problem with the mighty mouse, and is one of the big reasons I got rid of mine.

Follow THIS MOVIE for instructions, and HERE is more information.

Make sure you hold the mouse upside down as this works better, and also use a lint free cloth if possible, and just a few drops of water.

Reaction score
WOW!!! What a difference! I followed those instructions for use with my wireless mighty mouse and WOW!! Thanks Kyomii!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hi, tried cleaning it and although it now doesn't feel as rough when rolling down, it still doesn't register on the screen, willl keep trying

Reaction score
This happens to my wired MM periodically and I have good results by doing either of the following:

* Scrolling wildy from side to side and up and down - this works to get the scrolling working again.

*Press Control and roll the ball up and down to Zoom in/out - also works.

*Navigate to Sys Prefs>Keyboard & Mouse>Mouse tab and play around with the Tracking & Scrolling settings - also has gotten my MM to work again.

So far to date my MM has malfunctioned several times and I have always been able to revive it by using any of the above methods.

Reaction score
This is one reason why I don't use the mighty mouse. For the money, it should not malfunction as much as it does, and neither should it need cleaning every couple of weeks.

The mouse is great to use, but I think it is overpriced considering its huge design fault.

Ask a Question