Scrolling Zooming with Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
I can "zoom in" on my desk top by holding down the control button on my key board, whilst rolling the the tracker ball forwards. However, when I want to zoom back out again, holding down control and rolling in the opposite direction doesn't work.

I have changed the batteries on the mighty mouse.

I have cleaned the mighty mouse as suggested by other users, but to no avail.

I have also attempted to re-install the software, but since I have installed Leopard (OS 10.5.2), my Mac will not allow me to install the software that came with the mouse as the version on my hard disk is newer.

Any suggestions?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I take it you have a Wireless MM ... I too have had problems with zooming out and found myself in all sorts of problems with the screen zoomed in to the max and I had to somehow log out ... don't ask me how I did it though ...

I have searched on how to remove the software but I couldn't find much about that other than this thread:

Please Help...uninstalling Mighty Mouse Driver

I don't know of it's relevance to Leopard and when I ran the command I found no reference to any MM installed items. So I'm a bit stumped there ...

There are several cleaning methods recommended and I have ongoing issues with my scroll ball freezing up either up or down, well it's usually the downward scrolling that goes.

Is zoom in/out the only part of the scrolling ball that fails? How about general scrolling? Have you successfully cleaned the ball and got it to function previously?

Reaction score
You are right, I have the wireless MM.

This is the only problem I have had with the MM. Otherwise it has worked perfectly. In the past, I have cleaned it with a damp cloth from time to time, but I have kind of done that when I needed to clean the keyboard, as that tends to get mucky.

I may try to uninstall the MM driver, re-install the software and then take it from there.

Ask a Question