Mighty Mouse troubles

Reaction score
Hi,

Even though I'm using windows I bought a mighty mouse (for a giggle).

While it works well for pretty much everything I noticed a problem when playing cirtain games (some 3rd and 1st person shooters) with a mighty mouse and wondered if there is a way around it (given I will probably still play these games on my mac when I get one) or should I just use my two button mouse for these games?

Ok, the problem is this: I sneek up on my victim, select my Sniper-rifle, I hold down the right button to display the zoom view, slowly zoom in using the mouse-wheel until my victim's head is in my target and.... WTF! I can't shoot because the left button is not responding because I'm already holding the right down. While I'm stumbling with my mouse my enemy turns and has his way with me...

Thanks,
Steve.

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

To be honest, the mighty mouse is not really a gaming mouse.

I would use an alternative when playing games.

Reaction score
I agree.

On a related note, does anyone actually find the 'squeeze' buttons on the sides useful or are they just a marketing gimmick?

Steve.

Reaction score
You can configure the squeeze buttons on the side - not sure if the windows drivers allow this though - have a look in the control panel.

Reaction score
I know but does anyone really use them? Or possibly find the extra functionality such an advantage that they couldnt go back to a regular mouse?

And you're right, windows drivers for the mighty-mouse SUCK!!

Steve.

Reaction score
I use them. I have a Wireless Mighty Mouse.

I use them to control Expose, a built in feature within Macs.

Reaction score
I use the buttons Switcher-Steve for pure speed to access the Expose just like Oor Searay. I'm a graphic designer and I find the Mighty Mouse is great, very sharp (non-wireless for mine), but not sure how it is/would be for games and such like.

Ask a Question