mapping applications?

Reaction score
Hello.. I have OS 10.7.4.

I am looking for a mapping program.. i do not want to use Google maps.

even a paid online mapping program ( not yahoo or msn or others).

I would like to go in the morning to my computer and bring up a local map and put icons on the map as to where i need to go.. and then map up routes which cover stops at each location i have noted.

then i would like to be able to print up the route, as well as have a saved map i can keep on my laptop.

does anyone have any idea if such a beast exists?

many thanks
neo

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I don't know of any stand-alone apps off hand, but many of the GPS companies have software that can do this. Do you have a GPS device - Garmin, Tom Tom, Magellan, etc?

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt response, cory!

i did not even know what to put into a search field..

i just found something..called routebuddy.. it is created by blokes from UK, but has North American road maps ( which is what i want)

I used to have microsoft streets and trips , which was excellent, but for windows only...
routebuddy is apparently cross platform.

so , in a sense i have an answer.
i like to post what i find in the forum where i have asked the question, incase any one else can benefit.

but would hope there might maybe some other choices, incase anyone knows of one.

what about Apple's new mapping system, that is in the works also,..but do not know how to find anything further.

many thanks
neo

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, Microsoft's app was great, but it never made it to the Mac.

Everyone appreciates it when people post the resolution to issues. Who knows, someone else may have the same problem and get the answer they are looking for.

Apple's new mapping initiative looks really interesting. We'll have to wait and see how it is implemented.

C

Ask a Question