make menu bar stay in safari

Reaction score
All of a sudden, the menu bar in safari started hiding. When I go up with my cursor it appears, when I move my cursor down it hides. I want the menu to display all the time, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to go back to that. Can anyone tell me where I can change this setting?:confused: Thanks.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I can think of a couple of things you can try, but you don't give a lot of details to go on. While in Safari, pull down the "View" menu and select to show or hide the Toolbar, Bookmarks, Tab, and Status Bars.

If you don't have a View menu at the top, then you are missing the Apple menu. This might be because you are in Full Screen Mode (also under the "View" menu). To get out of it, press the esc key.

Neither of these types of hidden menus pop up when I move my cursor, though, but I don't know what operating system you are using and it might be different from mine.

If it still doesn't work, some more info (your OS and exactly what menus are disappearing) would be helpful.

Reaction score
In the far right hand corner of the menubar there is a blue button click this.

Reaction score
I have safari 6.0.2. When I am in full screen mode the menu bar disappears. There seems to be nothing in the view pull down to change this. The blue button on the right changes it from full screen mode to small screen mode. It just started doing this all of a sudden - weird. I have shut down and started again as well.

Reaction score
In full screen mode the Menubar always hides, this is how it has always been since Full Screen mode was introduced.

Ask a Question