Mail replies not showing up on other devices

Reaction score
This problem has been going on for months and I haven't found a solution:

I use Apple Mail on my iMac (27" late 2017 OS 12.6.1), my macbook pro (13" 2015 OS 12.6.1), iPad and iPhone 7, both always updated when prompted.

The following problem persists even after changing my domain host from namesecure to Google Workspace, and now using Gmail for my domain host. I thought the problem was the domain host that's now been proven wrong.

When I reply to an email from the iMac, the recipient receives that reply, but it otherwise disappears.
That reply doesn't show up on any of the the other devices OR when I log into Gmail.

Absolutely crazy making because I have to contact said recipient to make sure they got the reply in every instance.

This is not the case when replying from any other device. And otherwise Apple Mail works fine on all devices.

Anyone else experienced this? I just had an IT guy very experienced in Apple devices come over and he had no idea what the problem was. He went over settings on each device and found nothing amiss.

Thank you in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • This is now using a Gmail account, correct?
  • Is the email account setup in Mail as IMAP and not POP?
  • If you send a reply on the other devices, they show up in Sent on all of them, correct?
  • Are your settings for the account in Mail as follows:
Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 10.18.51.png

C

Ask a Question