mail problems

Reaction score
am running tiger/10.4 I am transfering may mail//ect// from the pc to the mac, most of the mail comes over with((.EML) extentions it will not open// this happens with some of the files as well// how do I open the mail// is there a progrom that I can down load that will open whatever I bring in need help Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What program are you using on the PC? I would just forward the mail from the PC to the Mac rather than transferring it.

Reaction score
thanks for the help ALL the mail is down loaded to my pendrive and uploaded to my mail acc on the mac. all the mail on my p/c comes from outlook express when it is brought over to the mac the extentions are all .eml this is a microsoft product !! I think my only option will be to get ? bootcamp?? or some other product that will work. Icant find any program on my mac to open them

Reaction score
I seem to recall this also being an issue with people migrating from Entourage to Apple Mail. Perhaps try the following?

- BACKUP the mail files (the EML ones) just in case
- Rename all the EML files so that their extensions are .emlx (use automator!)
- Attempt import

Not sure if that's any help?

J

Ask a Question