Mail problem

Reaction score
To avoid separate computer logins, my wife and I share one computer user account, but we have separate email accounts in Mail. With my mailbox selected, when I reply-to, forward or create a new message, my wife’s name often (but not always) shows up in the "From" drop-down menu. If I fail to notice this, it appears to the recipient as if the email was sent by my wife. The problem is erratic, occurring maybe 30-40% of the time.

In Mail Preferences I’ve checked "Send New Messages From Account Of Selected Mailbox", so I don’t understand why this is happening. What can I do to make sure my name always shows up as the sender? Thanks very much for any ideas.

Reaction score
It is not difficult to change the address of sender in the "FROM" drop-down on the address/copy/info panel of a new e-mail page

Reaction score
Thanks, Greenman. I agree, it's easy to simply select my name in the drop-down menu, but it's just as easy to forget. I'm still hoping someone can shed light on whether there's anything I can do so my name is the default sender when I'm working within my own Mail account. Seems illogical to me that it doesn't do that.

Ask a Question