MacBook Retina--can't advance PP slides when connected to LCD projector

Reaction score
I'm a consultant and having serious issues when connecting my MacBook Retina to LCD projectors. Basically I'm unable to advance my powerpoint slides with either a remote presentation clicker or by hitting the return key on my computer. The only way I can move from one slide to the next is by pointing to the arrow below the slide (when on presenter view) and clicking there. I really need help fixing this problem since I can't present effectively when tethered to the laptop.

Reaction score
thanks for your response. question for you: are you working on a retina macbook? hoping it's something other than changing to keynote. 20 years of pp presentations will be difficult to transfer. in addition, i can't see how using keynote rather than powerpoint could cause this problem. need to get to the bottom of this though—this problem is compromising the quality of my work. i do appreciate your getting back to me. when i visit the genius bar on tuesday, i'll ask if they think that might be the issue.

Reaction score
are you working on a retina macbook?
Yes, 13"

20 years of pp presentations will be difficult to transfer
No at all Keynote opens them fine.

compromising the quality of my work
Keynote is way nicer than PP.

Why have a Mac if you don't make use of the Apple Advantage, Keynote is one of those advantages. You will have to unlearn the strange habits PP has given you.

Reaction score
keynote may be the answer--i'll take that plunge if i have to. just made a one-to-one appointment for help transferring a pp to keynote. then i have my genius bar appointments after that. figured it might help them if i had at least one keynote presentation to work with in addition to the powepoints. thanks.

Ask a Question