Macbook Pro Retina

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'd like to get some info, actually I want to buy a Macbook pro retina 15". So I'd like to know if it'll be possible to connect several hard disk in a sort of Hard disk rack and connect it through eSATA or firewire or even LAN / USB as 500GB inbuilt will not be sufficient when working with lots of items.

And the setup for the multiple hard disks will also be used by a PC both when the Macbook is not connected and both connected at the same time. Thus NTFS / exFAT will be used.

Any thoughts about this setup because size is really important and I'll be sharing lots of stuff between the PC and the MAC.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi,

Re your second question and in my humble opinion if you want to share external drives between a Mac and a Windows machine, you should format the drives with a FAT32 partition. But one major problem, is that you run into a file size limitations if you’re dealing with really large files.
NTFS gets around this limitation, but unfortunately the OS X NTFS driver only supports reading from NTFS partitions not writing to.

Reaction score
Your port options for external drives are USB 3 or Thunder Bolt.

The retina 15" is all about portability hanging a large array of drives off the back defeats that purpose.

If you want both PC and Mac to access the drive then you're best going for a Network Drive, for most files the Mac will pull them in in short order. Of course never work on files across the network, always bring them local.

Ask a Question