SOLVED Macbook + Java

Reaction score
Hi,

MacBook Pro:
OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)

Issue:
I am trying to play a game that used to work on this macbook called pokemmo. I believe it runs through java. When I click to launch the game, I get a " fatal render error " message and a little black icon "exec" pops up in the dock that says " java " when you hover the mouse over it.

I have read that the game uses java version 8. I have tried to install java several times even though I believe my macbook already had it installed? I have also deleted then re-downloaded a fresh copy of the game.

In searches, I do not see very many people complaining on the mac version of the game not working so I suspect my macbook is not using java correctly to launch the game ... but not sure. What gives me this suspicion is when I type " Java -version " in the terminal window I get some sort of error that I do not understand. I would appreciate any help offered. If you can't help, it's okay. It's just a game I used to play that I would like to play again.

Video:

Download page of the game ( mac supported ): https://pokemmo.eu/downloads/

Reaction score
Resolved by uninstalling java's hidden folders through the root account on the macbook then reinstalling java.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We apologize for not answering previously.

We are happy to hear you found a solution, and appreciate you posting the solution.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question