Mac Won't Start - Power Supply Help, Please

Reaction score
Hello -

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my problem. My Mac won't start. Period. It's dead - no juice. I'm assuming that it's a Power Supply problem, so I'm now looking to replace that.

Problem is that my power supply doesn't match what I'm seeing around the Net. On Ebay, for one. I have a g4 Power Mac - 450 dp. The first thing is that the part # doesn't seem to match any of the power supplies I see for sale. The only # my power supply has on it is:

APl-9841-291

Then there is the 237 or 200W variety power supply. I don't think my Mac is a SawTooth, so the 200W is right for me - correct?

Thirdly, there is the 20 & 22 Pin varieties. I followed the cords from out of the power supply down to the board and pulled it out. Counted 22 pins - except that one 'pin' is empty (on the cord/powersupply side and this seems to be how it should be, I think), so it's technically a 21 Pin. However, I'm thinking that I want the 22 pin, correct?

As you can see, I'm comfortable with opening my Mac and making some changes here and there - I've added RAM, installed a new HD, etc. However, I'm not a hardcore tech guy, or at least hardware tech guy.

Could someone tell me exactly what Power Supply I should be getting? I need to get back to work and everything is on hold with this going on.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ask a Question