Mac won't go in to internet recovery mode

Reaction score
my iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 20-Inch
when i try to put it in to internet recovery mode it doesn't do it it just goes to the apple symbol.
can anyone help.

Reaction score
my iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 20-Inch
when i try to put it in to internet recovery mode it doesn't do it it just goes to the apple symbol.
can anyone help.
Why are you specifically trying to go into Internet Recovery Mode? Have you tried a regular Recovery (cmd-R)? Internet Recovery should be a last resort and it takes a very long time. Maybe your iMac is timing out because of the long wait.

All Macs have a built-in recovery partition in order to boot into Recovery. If this partition gets damaged, it’s the only time when you need to resort to Internet Recovery. That’s why, for you who have tried it before, Internet Recovery takes a painfully long time to connect. In either scenario, you will need to have an internet connection. So, in case you haven’t yet, try booting into Recovery mode first.

Ask a Question