iMac Won't Connect To Internet

Reaction score
Hi All,

My iMac (INTEL) 2 weeks old will not connect to the internet. I worked fine until i installed the 10.4.10 up date. I have four other macs ( one in the same room ) and they all connect fine. I don't know what to do, please help me. I also have a Windows laptop sitting next to it but that is connecting fine.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If your iMac is only 2 weeks old then you have 3 mths of Apple phone support and it's possibly and probably easier just to give them a call.

If you have 4 other macs that are working fine then it is rather wierd that you can't get this Mac to play along .... did you set them all up?

Reaction score
yeah all running 10.4.10, but the iMac i was having problems with i went and reinstalled tiger 10.4.8 and it works great. but i need the 10.4.10 update for the RAW camera support

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are the connections all wired? Have you tried logging into your Router? You could have a look around the settings and re-enter your login details. Just launch your web browser and enter your routers IP address. Then in the page that opens type Root in the Username Field and 0P3N in the Password field. Once logged into your router, have a look around and look for a Setup Tab and then the name of your connection should show there, possibly under WAN ...

Ask a Question