Mac Re-loads Previous Files

Reaction score
I am running Mac OS X 10.7.4. Ive noticed this version automatically reloads the last file opened in different programs. For example if I start Photoshop, it automatically loads the last file I had opened in that program.

Also it saves "memory" in other applications when you re-start them. For example when I open Calculator, the last digits input into the screen reappear instead of starting with a "clear" screen. Is there anyway to stop the Mac from re-loading files in apps or holding onto memory in other apps?

Reaction score
Close those Documents before you Quit the App.

This is a good thing, it means that if you are still working on a Document and don't close it the it right back where you left it. Same with a restart, all Apps and Documents open.

Nope, welcome to Lion.

Reaction score
Sorry for the tardy reply. Thank you for your suggestions. I see for example I must "clear" the calculator before closing, or it will remember the last set of digits next time you open it.

Still having the problem with Photoshop. Even after I close all opened docs, before quitting. Guess I will take that question to the Adobe forums.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you checked Photoshop's preferences for an option on what you see when it's launched? Whether it's the current project of a fresh template? It might be possible.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. It wasn't a Photoshop setting. I got the answer from the Adobe forums though. I went into preferences/General and un-clicked "Restore Windows When Closing".

I know its a global setting but Ive never needed that function before and prefer apps not to pre-load old docs.

Ask a Question