Mac OS Wallpaper Photo display

Reaction score
How do I change my (Mac) wallpaper photo Album display to shuffle every 10 or every 15 seconds? 5 seconds is too fast, 1 minute is too long.

How do I include the file name to display with the photo so I can trace it when needed?

How do I tell Wallpaper to exclude some photos (jpegs) maybe with colour tags as an include/exclude feature?

I appreciate, this may not seem important, but my parents have memory issues, so having the ability to focus on what they are looking at really helps their cognitive skills in their elderly years.

Reaction score
To change how often your Mac wallpaper switches:

Open System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver.
Pick your photo album and adjust the time under "Change picture."

To show file names with photos:

In Desktop & Screen Saver preferences, check "Show filename" for the chosen album.

To remove photos:

You'll need to do it manually as there's no direct way to exclude them.

Reaction score
To change how often your Mac wallpaper switches:

Open System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver.
Pick your photo album and adjust the time under "Change picture."

To show file names with photos:

In Desktop & Screen Saver preferences, check "Show filename" for the chosen album.
Hey Maccidents,

First of all, thank you for getting back to me. I'm on Sonoma 14.3 so maybe this shows differently to your OS version? The menu paths you suggested do not exist for me.

re Wallpaper switches ("Shuffles" as there is no "Change picture" option ). My lowest options are 5 seconds or 1 minute. Nothing inbetween. So if there is a way to set something in between, that would be great. Maybe there is a way to do it through Terminal?

re Show filename. I do not see a 'filename' option in System Setting anywhere in Desktop & Dock, Displays, Wallpaper or Screensaver. Hopefully I just didn't look under the right rock and this is still possible?

Is there a screenshot you'd be willing to share that could help resolve this?

Thanks again for trying :)

Ask a Question