Mac Newbie need help with Powerpoint

Reaction score
Hello,

First time Macbook Pro owner with trouble deleting a Powerpoint theme. I'm having trouble locating the folder that contains the custom themes in Finder, as I know that I can "move to trash" the custom themes I no longer want.

I am trying to follow these directions:

1. In the Mac OS X Finder, find your custom theme color in /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Themes/Theme Colors.
2. Drag the file with your custom theme color — for example, Custom 1.xml — to the Trash.

The problem is that when I open up Finder, I can't find this direct path. I can find my username, but then when I click on user name, there is no "Library".

It seems that I'm not in the right directory, but I don't know if I'm trying to find an invisible folder or if I'm in the wrong place altogether. Can anyone help me out?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you are using Lion, Apple has hidden the Library folder because they think the average user shouldn't go messing about there.

That's the rationale behind the hidden ~/Library folder but you'll see that if you hold the Option key when you are in Finder and go to the menubar and choose "Go" ~> you will see that in the list of folders that appear in the pull-down menu the Library will toggle visible/invisible if you hold then release the Option Key with the Go menu showing.

Once you've selected ~/Library from the menu list and you can see the ~/Library folder, you can drag its icon (or its proxy icon from a Finder window’s title bar) to either the toolbar or sidebar of a Finder window. Once there, accessing it is merely a matter of clicking the icon.

Ask a Question