Newbie to Mac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Brandon, and i'm from a coastal town of South Africa called Durban. I recently switched completely to Apple products from all others which means i've gone the whole bang shoot. Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone, iPod... Although the transition has tested my IT skills, i cannot get rid of a window when shutting down or starting up.

I continuously get a window informing me that my trial period of Tuxera NTFS has expired, and to remove it i need to go to system preferences, and remove it from there, but there is no icon to remove. If i search for it in Finder, i also cannot find anything that resembles it. Even searching for "Tux" comes up with nothing.

If there's someone that can please give me a hand. i'd really appreciate it hugely!

Regards,

Brandon

Reaction score
If its a System Preference,
( provided you're not running as an Admin Account)
Hold down Option and Click the Go Menu > Select Library
Open the PreferencePanes folder
Check if the Tuxera file is there.

Reaction score
Hi Kaveman,

Thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately, i'm still very green working on this platform, so if i could ask that you draw pictures for me please. I'm lost from point one... "Hold down"Option".. Where would i find that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Kaveman just meant hold down the Option key on the keyboard and click on the Go menu in the menubar, then click Library in the list that drops down.

C

Reaction score
You need to hold the option key down otherwise library will be hidden and you won't see it in the GO drop down menu.

Ask a Question