Mac Mini : Gray Screen + Disc won't eject

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having problems with my Mac Mini. When I start it up I only get a blank gray screen. I don't have any firewire/usbs plugged in besides the mouse and keyboard. Also, there is a CD in the drive that I cannot get out. I have tried holding down the mousebutton on startup to no avail. I have the install discs, I just can't get them in..
Please help!

Reaction score
It sounds like the system is trying to boot from the disc, but because the disc is not a system disc, it is not going any further.

Try pressing the letter X down on your keyboard on a COLD boot up (as soon as you turn it on and not from sleep mode) - it may take more than one try and you have to hold it down for a good few seconds.

This will tell the system to boot from the mac osx folder on your hard drive. Once booted, we can try and sort out getting the disc out.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome zarinf !

another option is to try and reboot holding down the command and s key, then when you get to the cursor type:

eject cd

and then press return.

Then type:

mac-boot

and then press return.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having the same problem. An audio disk is stuck in my mac mini and the mac won't start-up; well it gets through the first 'chime' then starts trying to read the cd. I've tried command s; x and nothing happens...has anyone got any other suggestions? The mac mini is running intel...don't know whether that makes any difference

Ask a Question