mac mini BANK1/DIMM1 empty not recognized

Reaction score
hi,
just installed 2 gb ram from crucial and somehow i must have done something to bank one slot or something...swapped memory around (both 1gb rams work,checked that out first).Replaced old memory back to no avail.Still tells me(system profiler),Bank One/Dimm One empty (and it has a good ram{1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM}.Tried everthing.Have taken apart and put old and new memory several times was wearing static strap.,That could not be it.Checked the memory housing pins under magnifying glass and the pins on memory itself.Reset the pram with the keyboard.(could not find a button on motherboard).For some reason it will not recognize that slot (checked for loose,broken wires) and the ram is fully seated.Everthing else works fine Harddrive,etc.And i have taken it apart to many times to remember.
Does any one have any idea of what i may have done or missed?
Maybe some software or drive upgrade?
I wanted to run 2 gig but i guess i am stuck with one.
I have torn apart many Macs over the past 10 years or so and replaced many a harddrive,ram,cards,cd,dvds,etc(and even a laptop or two) and rebuilt my 9600 from the ground up.
i must of hit somthing or kinked something that i can not see
Any ideas or help would be appreaciated,Thankyou.
Apple part# MA206LL/A ,OS 10.4.11 , 1.66 Intel Core Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (with one memory slot kaput){capable of 2GB}:confused:

Reaction score
I've searched and searched and you're the only one I've found experienceing this problem. Did you ever get it resolved and if so how? I would greatly appreciate any advice you may give....Please, please help....

Reaction score
Hey, i'm having the same problem.
These people had the same problem and had it "solved" http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=329400

My problem is i am pretty sure that Bank 1 doesn't work. I remember taking the mac mini into the mac store and the guy telling me i only had 512 mb and not 1 gb of ram. When i opened the mac up, i expected to only have 1 slot filled, but both had 512 mb of ram in them. This would imply bank 1 is broken.

Should i try pushing it in again harder, (which would involve risking opening it again and messing with it)
Or does anybody have a different idea?
Apple Care?

Thanks

Ask a Question