mac help

Reaction score
i been having some problem with my mac since i bought it, i usually have my notebook connected to the power supply. Usually when i leave a computer it will goto sleep while this being very normal, when i come back and move the mouse it should wake itself up. But this does not appear to happen on the mac, it doesn't seem to wake when its asleep no matter if i press the keys or move the mouse it will not respond to me. I have to press the power button (hard booting) to shut it down and i will lose all the work i have on screen before it went to sleep. Any help......?

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if there are any system updates to your OS version? Also, have you recently repaired permissions? That can sometimes fix similar problems such as what you described.

Reaction score
Go to system preferences, energy saver, and untick put hard drive to sleep whenever possible. Restart your Mac and go back to system preferences and make sure it has stayed unticked.

Then repair permissions. It should now wake up when in sleep mode - if not, let us know.

Ask a Question