Mac Display

Reaction score
i have a 2008 13" macbook. I recently took it in suspecting an inverter issue however he told me it was a display issue and would be $900 to fix. I would like to know, is resolving my issue as easy as purchasing a new $200 display and installing it? :confused:

Reaction score
Taking a MacBook apart to replace the screen is NOT EASY! There are all manner of fine cables and micro plugs, but thats your call.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
All you can do is thoroughly research the process involved to replace the display and weigh up the pros & cons. It wont be easy and no one can really say because it's all down to the individual and how meticulous/organised/observant and patient/careful he/she is.

ifixit.com and powerbookmedic.com have how-to videos and pull-apart guides which are handy.

You have to be 100% sure of yourself that you have researched and found both sides of the argument and fully understand the things that can go wrong. There will be folk who have been there before, some will say it's a walk in the park, some might have encountered steps that they can't get around and there might be real dangers of ruining your MacBook.

I just recently replaced the speakers in my iMac Core 2 Duo and I had researched it thoroughly and had the guides on another computer BUT I encountered a step that wasn't mentioned and I stupidly kept working despite it being late and I pulled the antenna from off of the fitting attached to the Bluetooth Card. This step wasn't in any of the guides and it took me totally by surprise. I thought I'd ruined the Bluetooth capabilities of my iMac because not only could I not fit the antenna wire back into it's tiny fitting, but I lost the fitting in the process.

My point is even though you do your research and work meticulously, it has to be your call because you always have to expect the unexpected and be able to deal with it.

replace display in 2008 MacBook 13"

Reaction score
Not to labour the point but our Apple Certified Tech says its a 2 hour job, if you're trained and get it right first time;-)

Reaction score
Thanks guys much appreciated. One more quick question, if the mac works when plugged into another screen, that would mean the inverter still works correct?

Reaction score
Please forgive me for interrupting this thread. I'm new to the forums world. Can you tell me how to post a new thread? I navigated the site but don't see how to post.
Thank you very much.

Ask a Question