mac.com e-mail problem

Reaction score
I've used my mac.com for two years without a hitch. For the last 36+ hours, the messages I send do not arrive at their destination -- no bounce back, no error, just lost in cyberspace. I've sent myself several test messages from both the desktop and web. I've also sent e-mails to my husband and my yahoo address. None arrive -- but they are recorded in my "sent" folder. On a positive note, I am *receiving* e-mails from other people. I've contacted Apple, but no reply as yet. Anyone have a suggestion?

System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

by all means send me a test message...

(e-mail address removed)

The chances are that it will be a glitch at Apples end...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, Ric. I sent you a couple of test messages. Funny thing is, when I wrote to you and cc-ed myself, I received the e-mail. When I wrote directly to myself (several times this morning) and when I sent messages to my yahoo account, nothing.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have received the messages ok !

Maybe the problem is now fixed at Apples end...

Is Yahoo seeing the messages you are sending to yourself as Spam...and putting them in a seperate folder ?

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

You usually won't get a reply from Apple.

The .Mac email servers do go down for maintenance every now and then...sometimes with no announcement/notification.

I did see this on the .Mac site however:

08/21/2006
Email was unavailable for 20 minutes to a small percentage of .Mac Members.
08/20/2006
Email was unavailable for 20 minutes to some .Mac Members.
Looks like they were doing something. ;)

Reaction score
Since a week ago I have a similar problem. Any email I send goes into a mailbox called Outbox. Extensive trial and error leads eventually to being told that MAIL cannot connect to me outgoing server. No problem with incoming mail. I did nothing to provoke this problem, I just noticed the Outbox and found my unsent messages in it. Seems a long time for server maintenance! Any suggestions, please?

Ask a Question