MAC CLEANER ???????????

Reaction score
Hi Team
So this mac cleaner program has managed to get on my mac book air .
everytime i open a new page on safari or open safari in general , or do anything on safari , mac cleaner opens a new page on safari . At times i can't do anything until this MC page has opened . It is super annoying and has really mad my computer slow and there seems to be now way of locating this mystery MC to delete or erase or uninstall .
Bearing in mind i never installed it in the first place .
Also since the problem with MC also my default search engine on safari was google.zw which was working fine for me , now the default search engine is search-quick.com/?si=85680&channel=DP2214 , computer will not allow me to change default as in i do and it automatically reverts back to search engine above .
Sorry for the novel but its such a shame because before this my Mac Air was running really good , I've been doing standard updates and updated the operating system to Yosemite .
any help or ideas on what i could do to rid my computer of this current problem would be much appreciated

Reaction score
Download, install, and run the excellent freeware program AdwareMedic. You can get it form here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/52105/adwaremedic

Also, look in your Applications folder and see if you have the problematic program called MacKeeper. If you do, let us know, and one of us can point you to links which explain how to remove it.

Ask a Question