Mac App Store

Reaction score
I have been using Photo Mechanic for about 2 years on my Mac without any problems. Last week I installed OSX 10.8.2 and now when I open up P/M a panel appears telling me that P/M cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. I hope I attached the screen shot of the panel correctly.
Any suggestion?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 8.22.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 8.22.50 PM.png
    55 KB · Views: 248

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That's Gatekeeper in Mac OS X. If an app is from an unidentified developer (they haven't registered fully for a Developer ID with Apple), you will get this message. You'll need to lower your security settings:

-System Preferences > Security > General
-Click lock in lower left and enter your user password
-Change "Allow applications downloaded from" to Anywhere

That should correct the issue you are having. Read more about Gatekeeper here:

OS X: About Gatekeeper

C

Reaction score
That's Gatekeeper in Mac OS X. If an app is from an unidentified developer (they haven't registered fully for a Developer ID with Apple), you will get this message. You'll need to lower your security settings:

-System Preferences > Security > General
-Click lock in lower left and enter your user password
-Change "Allow applications downloaded from" to Anywhere

That should correct the issue you are having. Read more about Gatekeeper here:

OS X: About Gatekeeper

C
Thanks Cory for your very quick response....I have made the changes as you suggested and it is working fine. Again, Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I disagree with this answer, you have effectively turned off GateKeeper and the security it offers. This is not a good thing in todays internet world!!!

The correct answer, to allow a single, unsigned application you have downloaded to run on your Mac, Right Click on the the Application and choose Open from the contextual menu. You only need to do this once for that App. This gives permission for that App to run while keeping GateKeeper guarding against malware.

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I disagree with this answer, you have effectively turned off GateKeeper and the security it offers. This is not a good thing in todays internet world!!!

The correct answer, to allow a single, unsigned application you have downloaded to run on your Mac, Right Click on the the Application and choose Open from the contextual menu. You only need to do this once for that App. This gives permission for that App to run while keeping GateKeeper guarding against malware.

Kaveman, I have switched Gatekeeper back on and did what you suggested and it also works....the App panel doesn't show.
Thanks for replying.

Ask a Question