Mac App Store Not Responding

Reaction score
I'm running 10.9.2. I've updated with the combo pack and all the recent updates available. When I click on the Mac App Store, the screen flickers but will not load.
Any ideas?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
When you click on the App Store icon in your Dock, can you tell us exactly what happens? Does the icon bounce & then does the Mac App Store window launch? Do you see any error messages?

Reaction score
When you click on the App Store icon in your Dock, can you tell us exactly what happens? Does the icon bounce & then does the Mac App Store window launch? Do you see any error messages?

In the Application folder, I click on the App Store and the entire screen flickers and even "shakes" (best way I can describe it). A quick "spinning gear", and then nothing. No error messages. So here's what I've done since last night.

I searched the Library Preferences for the apple store agent plist (and one other App Store file that couldn't be located). I moved the agent plist to the desktop and re-booted. No luck.

I booted in Safe Mode and did a Repair Disk Permissions. Rebooted in normal mode.....and same thing - no luck.

Darn frustrating....but I appreciate your effort.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I found that there were a few occurrences of this issue which seemed to be resolved by re-installing Mavericks from the Recovery Disc, to do this, turn on your computer & when the grey screen appears, hold down the Command (⌘) + R keys to reach the re-install menu.

Here's the Knowledge Base instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13871

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I know that sometimes the App Store has issues if Spotlight is not enabled for the OS drive.

Check that,

C

Reaction score
I found that there were a few occurrences of this issue which seemed to be resolved by re-installing Mavericks from the Recovery Disc, to do this, turn on your computer & when the grey screen appears, hold down the Command (⌘) + R keys to reach the re-install menu.

Here's the Knowledge Base instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13871
Thanks Spawn - most likely you are correct. My concern is two-fold. I recently purchased this computer used......and I don't have the Recovery Disk. Is there any work-around for this? Next, if there is a work-around for it, will any of the programs I've recently installed.....such as Logic Pro and Final CutX be compromised (since I purchased and downloaded them directly from Apple)?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...it is turned on by default, so if you are unfamiliar, then it's probably enabled and not the issue.

C

Ask a Question