Losing tabs on Chrome

Reaction score
A one week old Macbook Air with Chrome will not retain the tabs created in settings. The tabs are lost after a sleep setting.

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac Book Air model do you have?

2. What Mac OS are you running?

3. Do you have the latest version of Google Chrome?

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac Book Air model do you have? MacBook 13" 2017

2. What Mac OS are you running? High Sierra 10.13.2

3. Do you have the latest version of Google Chrome?
yes 63.0.3239.108

Reaction score
Hmm, I just added 2 more tabs to my session (via Command-T), and it works fine. I have a mid 2013 13" Mac Book Air running the latest version of High Sierra, OS 10.13.2.

Maybe remove Google Chrome and re-install it. Also, try another browser, like Firefox or Opera, and see if you have the same issues.

I am actually planning on purchasing the latest 13" Mac Book Air model (with a 252 gig SSD) soon, so I hope I don't have that issue! As it is, your model (the same one I plan on getting) has 8 gig of Ram, whereas mine has only 4 gig. Don't think that would make a difference, though, with the behavior of Chrome.

Reaction score
Hmm, I just added 2 more tabs to my session (via Command-T), and it works fine. I have a mid 2013 13" Mac Book Air running the latest version of High Sierra, OS 10.13.2.

Maybe remove Google Chrome and re-install it. Also, try another browser, like Firefox or Opera, and see if you have the same issues.

I am actually planning on purchasing the latest 13" Mac Book Air model (with a 252 gig SSD) soon, so I hope I don't have that issue! As it is, your model (the same one I plan on getting) has 8 gig of Ram, whereas mine has only 4 gig. Don't think that would make a difference, though, with the behavior of Chrome.

Reaction score
I noticed the auto update for Chrome was not on.
Flipped the switch and went from ver 63.0.3239.84 to .108
Maybe this will fix it?????
8G ram on my machine
Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
I actually first tried the "multiple tabs" feature with "v.84", but I also let Google Chrome do its update to "v.108", and it still worked fine. I actually did all that on my late 2012 Mac Mini, but I just did the same (with "v.108") on my Mac Book Air, and it works fine.

Oh, just to let you know that the (similar) Tabs feature for Opera works file also.

Last edited:

Ask a Question