Losing Data in Mac's Health app

Reaction score
During the past few weeks I've been losing my daily walking and running data. Any ideas?
I have used Health successfully for the past year or so to record my daily walking mileage.
The miles are still recorded during the day but these results disappear the next day.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which Apple device?
-Which OS version?
-Are you looking at the Summary view?

C

Reaction score
I have an iPhone XR, software version 13.7
In the Health App I'm looking at Browse / Health Catagories / Activity. There I can see my steps and mileage for today.

I click on "Walking + Running Distance" and see a chart that says No Data for today.
When I select Week I see no data for Oct 11 - 17, 2020
When I select Month I see my average mileage of 6.7 miles for the past month, with the last data entry on 10/10/20.
My data collection stopped on 10/10/20.

I still see correct walking data for the current day but this information disappears when tomorrow starts.

Thanks for your help.
Bruce

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I don't use the Health app very much personally. It is strange that it stopped on October 10. Anything you can remember unique about that day? Did you do a software update to 13.7 that day perhaps?

The only things that come to mind, would be:

-Restart the iPhone
-Force restart the iPhone
-Disable/re-enable Health in your iCloud settings
-Maybe upgrade to iOS 14.0.1?

If those don't correct the issue, the next step would be to completely restore the iPhone, but that's a big step to take, and I would recommend that as a last resort. Of course, it is always good to have a current backup of your iPhone.

C

Reaction score
Cory,

Today I installed another app called Pedometer.
Somehow that refreshed the data stored in the Health app, including the data missing since Oct. 10.
Strange.
Thanks for your help, Bruce

Ask a Question