Looking for remote Mac tricks?

Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can put you Mac to sleep via an email.
The problem I have is that this back to Mac thing is great, but if your Mac has gone to sleep, how do I wake it up if I'm not there?

I travel extensively for work, and my MacBook is always with me. Sometimes I want to get stuff off of my iMac that's on my desk at home. Short of calling someone to go over to my house and wake up my iMac so I can use the back to Mac feature.

So... the question is.. how can I do this?

I've read that there is a way to put your mac to sleep via email, is there a way to wake it up via email?

Or.... is there a better way to do all of this remotely?

Thanks,
John

Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can put you Mac to sleep via an email.
The problem I have is that this back to Mac thing is great, but if your Mac has gone to sleep, how do I wake it up if I'm not there?

I travel extensively for work, and my MacBook is always with me. Sometimes I want to get stuff off of my iMac that's on my desk at home. Short of calling someone to go over to my house and wake up my iMac so I can use the back to Mac feature.

So... the question is.. how can I do this?

I've read that there is a way to put your mac to sleep via email, is there a way to wake it up via email?

Or.... is there a better way to do all of this remotely?

Thanks,
John
Hello, if your willing to spend a few bucks, you might be interested in this-
http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/
Another option would be getting a .Mac account and getting your own iDisk. I've had mine for a few years and I've found it quite useful. :)

Ask a Question