LINE DOCK

Reaction score
Thoughts??

The LINE DOCK

linedock.png

Reaction score
The Macbook already has great battery life (I own the 12" 2016 iteration). This has active cooling...so, if coupled with the Macbook, it takes a quiet, fanless operation and makes it, uhhh, not quiet and fanless. :)

Reaction score
I don't get it. Is this an external battery which adds additional uptime? If yes, would it work with any laptop? Say, an old 2009 Macbook?

Reaction score
I'm thinking there are/were similar devices that worked with "normal" USB connections on laptops, ie, USB 2.0/3.0. In fact, maybe the same company makes/made them, and thus one could look for reviews of such products.

Reaction score
I'm thinking there are/were similar devices that worked with "normal" USB connections on laptops, ie, USB 2.0/3.0. In fact, maybe the same company makes/made them, and thus one could look for reviews of such products.
It's a crowd-funded project...so I am guessing these guys, specifically, haven't made anything similar before. Certainly big batteries to charge devices via USB is pretty common. The uniqueness of this device is that, not only can it charge devices via USB, it will charge USB-C powered laptops as well. (and also provides cooling for the laptop).

Reaction score
No. There aren't any laptops that are typically powered by "normal" USB connections. I'm referring to phones, tablets, portable GPS devices, etc.

This is unique in that it will also (and, as a primary function) charge USB-C powered laptops.

Reaction score
Yes, but, but, what if I stick my finger in the wall socket and then touch the laptop screen?? That would charge up something, right?

Ask a Question