Kindle/OS X problem

Reaction score
Well it took more than 12 hours, but I managed to download OX 10.9. It seems to work pretty well. But I cannot get my daily Kindle download to work.

In the past, yesterday, I would go to the Amazon site. I clicked on download, selected the correct one of my many Kindles. I selected the date, and poof! The file appeared in my Download folder of my Macbook. I then dragged the file into the Kindle's Documents folder.

Now I select the date and the Kindle. I hit download. Instead of getting a little blue book-looking file in Downloads, I get a strange blank-paper-looking file entitled "FSDownloadContent." I drag that to the Kindle and the file does not appear on the Kindle's home screen.

Why is my mac no longer downloading a good usable Kindle file? Anyone else having this problem?

Reaction score
Hi,

It's not your Mac , I don't have a Kindle but you defiantly have the wrong file.
Go back to Amazon and click on the link again.
The file you need to download will have an .azw extension. Copy that file to the Kindle's "documents" folder.

Reaction score
I have sort of sorted it out. I can get the correct file using Google Chrome. This is odd as Safari can download books, but not the New York Times.

I am really upset by Kindle support. They just sent me an e-mail asking if my problem is solved. "If not click here." I click there and am taken to an Amazon page that is no longer there. I think they are just messing with me.

Reaction score
Hi,

Good you have the right file now,:) when you say Safari can't open NYT do mean mean the web page or links from within its articles?

Reaction score
Well, after I installed the great big Mac OS update, my usual routine no longer worked.

The usual routine was to open Safari, go to the Amazon page, go to Manage Your Kindle, select Newspapers, select date and kindle, hit download. A blue icon icon would end up in the download folder. I could then drag that to the Kindle's Document folder.

Since the upgrade, instead of a usable file, I got some mess with an icon that looked like a blank sheet of paper.

I am still upset with Kindle support.

Reaction score
Hi,
Since the upgrade, instead of a usable file, I got some mess with an icon that looked like a blank sheet of paper

The FS file type is primarily associated with 'F#' by Microsoft Corporation.
F# (pronounced F Sharp) is a scalable, succinct, type-safe, type-inferred, efficiently executing functional/imperative/object-oriented programming language.

So I feel this might well be an example of software falling short of the new OS X, that's why App writers usually put out updates just before a new OS X upgrade is released.
But pleased you have it sorted, one thing I would maybe do is reset Safari but I do not think this will help.

Ask a Question