Keys suddenly acting funny

Reaction score
Hey :) Im new to mac, I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but here I go anyway..

Yesterday i happened to do something that made the shift, fn, ctrl, alt, command icons appear on the screen whenever i click on them, and make this annoying noise.. for example if i click on shift on the right side, and not hold it down, the icon appears on the screen and makes the first alphabet in any word i write a capital, and then it dissapears...

So i think the idea behind this is so that you wont have to hold down the keys, but they are so annoying and i cant figure out how to get it away! Ive been looking everywhere on google..:rolleyes:

I hope some of you will help me :)
Thank you

Reaction score
You inadvertently turned on Sticky Keys. Open the System Preferences. Click on the Universal Access preference pane. Then click on OFF next to Sticky Keys.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Sticky Keys is for those who have difficulty pressing several keys at once (such as a series of modifier keys like Command+Option+F).

As DrLeonP correctly offered, you can turn on/off Sticky Keys in Universal Access in System Preferences.

With Sticky Keys enabled, you can press a combination of modifier keys as a sequence; the symbol for each modifier key appears on the screen as you press it.

Sticky Keys works with your computer’s keyboard and with Keyboard Viewer. ;)

Ask a Question