El Capitan - volume keys not working

Reaction score
I thought I'd upgraded successfully but the volume keys (F10, F11, F12) don't now work. Anyone else affected?
Thanks

Reaction score
What Mac model do you have? I have a late 2012 MacMini, with an Apple Keyboard attached, and a mid 2013 Mac Book Air.

One other thin: are you using OS 10.11, or OS 10.11.1? I am using the latter. Also, I did not do an upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11.1. I did a clean installation of 10.11.1 on both of my machines. Not sure if that makes a difference, but thought I'd mention it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac as honestone asked? Then we know built-in/external keyboard and what key it has.
-Are you getting any popups when you press those keys?
-Did you enable  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Keyboard > Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac as honestone asked? Then we know built-in/external keyboard and what key it has.
-Are you getting any popups when you press those keys?
-Did you enable  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Keyboard > Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys?

C
Thanks, Cory - system preferences was the answer!

Ask a Question