Keynote presentation

Reaction score
Hi, I can not locate a file on my MacBook.

I have a Keynote presentation that is 4,57GB sitting somewhere on my computer. When I use Spotlight and type in the Keynote name "Image Bank" it shows on the list, once I double-click on it, it won't open in Keynote. Normally it would show a pop-up saying "Opening Image Bank" and a loading bar. Any ideas on how to locate the file?

Many thanks

Reaction score
When you use spotlight to locatethe file hold down the Command key when you click on the file, it will open the location of the file in the Finder rather than trying to open the file.

Reaction score
When you use spotlight to locatethe file hold down the Command key when you click on the file, it will open the location of the file in the Finder rather than trying to open the file.
Thank you so. much for your advice. Indeed, it does work for other files I search through the Spotlight. However, for this particular file, once I Command-click on the file name, Spotlight just closes. Any idea what could be the reason?

Reaction score
Thank you so. much for your advice. Indeed, it does work for other files I search through the Spotlight. However, for this particular file, once I Command-click on the file name, Spotlight just closes. Any idea what could be the reason?
After the file shows up on the Spotlight list, click on it to select, do a Command-Return to reveal it in the Finder. From there you can inspect and try to repair it. You can try to open it with PowerPoint or any other presentation program available to you, if Keynote still can’t open it. If they all fail, then you can assume that the file itself is damaged.

Reaction score
When I face a problem like this, I usually follow these steps:

* Open Finder and search for Keynote file.
* Move the file to a different place.
* Make a copy of the file as a backup.
* Update Keynote to the latest version.

Ask a Question