keynote audio

Reaction score
I am relatively new to keynote. Learned mostly by trial and error. Made several presentations with audio background and videos.

My problem now is: how to add audio to more than one slide but not all of them. In other words; I would like an audio to continue to play through several slides but would like it to sstop at a slide of my choice so I can insert a video. without having to get out of the presentation to fiddle with it.

This may sound naive to some of you but I had spent hours to figure out a way and the keynote help was no help at all.

Thank you for any ideas.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I believe you would have to edit the background music to the length that you would want, then use the Document > Audio section in the Inspector to assign that music to as the Soundtrack. It will then play from the beginning of the first slide until the end of the edited track, then when you advance to the slide with the video, the music will be done playing. You would then have to add music slide by slide after that, as Keynote is semi-limited in being able to add a full soundtrack with pause/resume features.

Hope that helps a little,

C

Ask a Question