kernel panic -software related

Reaction score
ok, here is the situation.
I was installing some new software updates on my macbook not the new macbook. my cousin wanted to borrow it to watch some movies, I said ok and went out. He was impatient and wanted to watch his stupid movie straight away so he turned off my laptop. When he turned it on, the kernel panic appeared asking him to hold down the power button...etc We tried but it didn't work. the kernel panic keeps reappearing.
Next, I noticed that the Mac system said: not yet installed (something like that). I ran the hardware test (both the simple and extended version) and the results came out as there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I figure this should be a software problem. I thought of reinstalling the system and looked for the utility disc. I thought that there should be some kind of disc that came with the laptop but there was none. I checked the manual and although on the problem, meet ur solution section, they talk about using utility disc 1 but on the front page where it says what in the box, they don't mention any disc what so ever.
Please let me know what I should do and where I can find the disc?
thanx a million

Reaction score
I also have to add, there is no way I can pass the kernel panic screen in order to do anything else. I'm stuck

Ask a Question