Keep getting kicked off network.

Reaction score
Hi everytime I print to our Windows 7 COmputer I kick off my other computer from the Priner. How do i get around this?
I am using the Windows 7 computer becuase it has Onyx Rip on it and every time without fail only one I mac can print at a time. I am using OS x 10.10.3 and the other computers are using Snow leopard. Help please

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How is the printer setup? Is it connected directly to a computer and then shared on the network, or is it a stand-alone network printer?
-Do you have the latest printer drivers installed?

I know that some RIP-based printers will only accept and process a single job at a time. Has this issue just started?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How is the printer setup? Is it connected directly to a computer and then shared on the network, or is it a stand-alone network printer?
-Do you have the latest printer drivers installed?

I know that some RIP-based printers will only accept and process a single job at a time. Has this issue just started?

C
The printers are set up through Onyx rip Through the network. Onyx is on a Windows 7 computer. The Computer i'm on OS X 10.10.3 always kicks the other 2 computers off. They are both running OS X 10.8. They all have the same Network Workgroup and DNS numbers that are set on the windows computer. And all have their own IP address there are no conflicts there. All 4 computers in this area are Hardwired into the Network and it is 1Gbps network. This issue has been going on since Mavrics. The other two computers are running the above OS have been never been upgraded. My thought is there is something in the Network Driver that has been updated or added or just altered in the newer os that is taking priority over the older version. THanks for your help BTW

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information.

Recently, there has been some rumored talk about a networking issue in Yosemite through 10.10.3, and the possibility that Apple may revert back to mdnsresponder to replace discoveryd (the system-level networking routine processes) in the upcoming 10.10.4 update. Your older Macs use mdnsresponder, and your Mac running Yosemite may be kicking them off due to this "bug".

-Was your Yosemite Mac ever running an earlier version of OS X and did it have the same issue?

C

Ask a Question