trying to convert a font - keeps getting garbled

Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on a program for a youth theater production and I'm having trouble with fonts...

The organization has this one particular font that they use for everything. They're trying to establish it as the official font for everything. I'm working on the program on my mac, and the font they use (LD Simple) is in PC true type format.

I have the file of the font and I used TransType Pro to convert it to use on my mac.

Everything worked fine for a while. I was able to use it in pages and photoshop and textedit, what have you... but then when I went in again to continue working the next day (no reboots) the text was all garbled.

It was the right font, but with lettle pixellated dashes in many of the letters and spaces. After some looking around, I downloaded Linotype FontExplorer X. There were three versions of the font in there.

One was the PC version, one was the garbled version, and the third was the correct one. I deactivated the PC and the garbled versions and everything worked fine.

Now today I come back and everything is messed up again. I went into Linotype FontExplorer and deactivated the two wrong fonts again which had mysteriously reactivated, but this time with no result.

I restarted. No result. What's going on??

I absolutely positively need this font if I am going to do this program on my mac.

The very last resort would be to cave in and do it on the PC at work in publisher (which I detest). Help. :(

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome!

Instead of deacivating in font explorer, can font explorer 'delete' those rogue fonts?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I've always installed fonts manually, by putting the individual font files in "HD>Library>Fonts" folder. You could try that, or look in there and manually remove the ones that you don't want.

Ask a Question